Connect to SQL SERVER EXPRESS from Remote

Altaf Sunesara

Apr 22, 2015, 3:33:50 AM4/22/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Using the Compute Engine Environment for first time.

I'm trying to access MS SQL SERVER EXPRESS installed on Windows server 2012 image available on compute engine, I have assigned a static ip to the instance , have also added exception to firewall in Windows for PORT 1433 as well as in via console area of Compute Engine.
I tried connecting the instance remotely via  STATIC IP and Instance Name using SQL AUTHENTICATION,  have also configured SQL also for accepting remote connections as well as Allowed TCP/IP from Configuration Area.

Any help regarding this would be grateful.

Anthony Voellm

Apr 22, 2015, 2:18:25 PM4/22/15
to Altaf Sunesara, gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Dont forget you also need to configure the Windows Firewall.  You can either turn it off or add the needed ports.

--
© 2014 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/5fa88292-25fb-4450-811e-ec531043ea43%40googlegroups.com.

Anthony F. Voellm (aka Tony)
Google Voice:  (650) 516-7382

Altaf Sunesara

Apr 23, 2015, 1:46:15 AM4/23/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com, al...@altsontech.com
Thanks for your reply i have already done that. But still UNABLE to connect to the instance remotely

Anthony Voellm

Apr 23, 2015, 4:40:05 PM4/23/15
to Altaf Sunesara, gce-dis...@googlegroups.com

Windows has three levels of firewall. Did you set the all?

Altaf Sunesara

Apr 24, 2015, 2:50:52 PM4/24/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com, al...@altsontech.com
If you are referring to Networks ( Public , Private , Guest ) then YES