Moving VOLUME/Snapshot from AWS VM with GPU to GCP VM

Amitha Hiriadaka

Jun 21, 2017, 9:02:48 AM6/21/17
to gce-discussion
Hi,

We would like to migrate to GCP VM.We have VM with GPU in AWS. How to migrate or move the disk content to GCP , so that we need to install the software in AWS.??
I am ok to have 15+ minutes of downtime. Could you please share the steps ? or documents ?

I tried a lot to serach the info . But exact end to end steps hard to find.Also dd steps mentioned in GCP doc , didnt   help much .

regards,
Amitha

Irina (Google Cloud Support)

Jun 21, 2017, 12:59:16 PM6/21/17
to gce-discussion
Hi Amitha,

I recommend to use the VM migration service, that allows to migrate your running servers into Google Cloud Platform without any system disruption to the source infrastructure. Make sure that your source VMs are running the supported operating systems. Also, you might be interested in the best practices for migrating VMs to Compute Engine.