GPUs in 2017?

Robert Freitag

Jan 13, 2017, 3:06:16 AM1/13/17
to gce-discussion
Hello,

recently I've stumbled upon this article:

https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2016/11/announcing-GPUs-for-Google-Cloud-Platform.html

It states that in early 2017, GPUs will be available world wide on GCE. I'm really excited about
it and would like to know if there is a time estimate on when in early 2017 it will be? :)

I've a long term project coming up and would like to use GPUs for rendering. If I'm using CPUs
I'm tied to CPUs for the entire project duration so for project calculation purposes I'd like to know
if there are any news on the GPU end and if there is a possibility to find out how much GPU time on GCE will cost? :)

Any info would be nice!
Thanks a lot!
-Robert

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Jan 16, 2017, 3:21:24 PM1/16/17
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert,

The GPU support for GCE instances is in Alpha phase. As such, access is provided to limited number of users. The estimated release date is end of Feb 2017, however, this date is not confirm and can get delay. Detailed documentation and pricing information will be posted on this link once the feature reach the beta phase. You can keep an eye on Google Cloud blog for further announcements.

I hope that helps.

Faizan

Jarett Dunn

Feb 2, 2017, 4:07:18 PM2/2/17
to gce-discussion
Is there an updated ETA on these features?

Paul Nash

Feb 5, 2017, 4:49:25 PM2/5/17
to Jarett Dunn, gce-discussion
There is no update from Faizan's previously posted information in this thread (note, the date mentioned there is still in the future).

--
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/a2c8084e-75ea-4a62-955b-61fbd83bdf76%40googlegroups.com.

Paul R. Nash | Product Manager, Compute Engine | paul...@google.com | 206-876-1620

Krzysztof Kaczmarski

Feb 22, 2017, 2:37:31 PM2/22/17