Can i seperate shutdown signal to "resource request", "auto scaler/scale in", "Maintance" in PVM

Terry Cho

Jul 24, 2016, 8:29:10 AM7/24/16
to gce-discussion
Hello guys.
I know that PVM will get a signal ACPI G2 Soft off  when it gets a shutdown request.
Btw
Can i seperate the singal to more specific category? like "google requested resource", "for maintanance", "by auto scaler scale in" request.

Thanx in advance.
-Terry

Michael Basilyan

Jul 24, 2016, 8:36:20 AM7/24/16
to Terry Cho, gce-discussion

I'm assuming you mean during system initiated preemption rather than your own shutdown, but no we don't expose why the PVM is being preempted.

If you want to communicate to the VM that you are shutting it down for a specific reason, it may be that instance metadata is a way to go.

Mike

--
© 2016 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/209e8171-cb8b-416b-812d-c9e19439c6a6%40googlegroups.com.

Terry Cho

Jul 24, 2016, 9:10:50 AM7/24/16
to Michael Basilyan, gce-discussion