Waiting for Meta data server

Ruzsinszky Attila

Aug 14, 2016, 7:54:26 AM8/14/16
to gce-discussion
Hi,

I upgraded my U14.04 to 16.04 with normal do-release-upgrade.
Everything was all right and when the procedure was finished I was asked to restart the VM.
It was restarted and after that it disappeared from the network. :-(

I enabled serial console and I checked the running VM.
route command shows nothing.
I can ping the internal IP address.

Can I resolve somehow this problem?

TIA,
Ruzsi

George (Google Cloud Support)

Aug 15, 2016, 7:31:33 PM8/15/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Ruzsinszky,

What is the error message showing in the Serial Port Output of the affected instance? Did you try to ssh into the VM from another VM in the same network using the internal IP address?

You can attach the disk as a secondary disk after taking a snapshot (for backup purposes) on another instance and check the logs for what is causing the issue which can help in troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
George