Load balancing pricing

Stevo Novkovski

Jun 21, 2016, 10:28:17 AM6/21/16
to gce-discussion
Hello,

Load balancing charge is:

  • $0.025 (5 rules included)
  • $0.010 per additional rule

  1. Does the load balancer of image below have 1 or 2 rules?
  2. How you will charge us if we have 5 load balancers without rules?
  3. How you will charge us if we have 6 load balancers without rules?

IP address pricing is (at least for compute engine usage):

  • Static IP address (assigned but unused) - $0.01
  • Static IP address (assigned and in use) - No charge
  • Ephemeral IP address (attached to instance or forwarding rule) - No charge

  1. Does Ephemeral IP address in load balancer is free of charge?
  2. When can Ephemeral IP address be changed while used on load balancer?
  3. Does using static IP address in load balancer is free of charge?

Thanks.

George (Google Cloud Support)

Jun 21, 2016, 4:14:12 PM6/21/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Stevo,

1. Does the load balancer of image below have 1 or 2 rules?
As per the image provided, the LB has 2 forwarding rules, one on port 80 and the second on port 443.

2. How you will charge us if we have 5 load balancers without rules?
3. How you will charge us if we have 6 load balancers without rules?

It's not possible to create a Load Balancer without a forwarding rule. So the charge will be for the forwarding rule as mentioned in this Help Center article.

Ephemeral and Static IP as long as they are being used by your LB forwarding rule, you don't get charges for the IP however the charges will be for the forwarding rule and the traffic through the external IP address. More information about our estimate pricing can be calculated in the Google Cloud Calculator.

Once a LB with forwarding rule is being created, the IP can't be changed. However, creating a new forwarding rule will have a new IP address.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
George