WordPress admin login

Lorenzo Oriti

Apr 15, 2018, 4:58:06 PM4/15/18
to gce-discussion
Hi, I have (or had) a VM with WordPress. I downgraded it from "n1-standard-1" to "g1-small" and now I can't go to the login page anymore (ip/wp-admin).

This new VM has a different IP  than the previous VM and before downgrade I changed the IP (from WP pannel) to access the site with a domain.

How can I get back to the wordpress panel? Can someone help me? PLEEEASE

Thank a lot

Lorenzo

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Apr 15, 2018, 6:18:29 PM4/15/18
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com

Hello Lorenzo,

As you mentioned, you should be able to access the Wordpress website by using the VM’s instance new IP address, and not necessarily the domain name. Since you singled the admin page, I am assuming that the actual website is already accessible with the new IP address, but not the admin page. Hence, to load the admin page, I suggest trying both combinations: [note the (s)]

http://newIP/wp-admin
https://newIP/wp-admin

Furthermore, to avoid these situations in the future, you may try assigning a static IP to the instance which should be free as long as it is in use, and if it is not in use you would be charged according to this document. I hope this helps.

Lorenzo Oriti

Apr 18, 2018, 9:05:11 AM4/18/18
to gce-discussion
Resolved changing the new IP from phpmyadmin.

Thank you anyway :)