Performance issues after instance migrated during Compute Engine maintenance

Francesco Eccher

Aug 1, 2017, 11:45:13 AM8/1/17
to gce-discussion
After an automatic "instance migrated during Compute Engine maintenance" on two instances on gke, I've noticed a big CPU performance degradation.
Before the migration the CPU was average on 35% and after the migration the CPU is 60% average... is that normal?
thank you
Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 17.41.48.png

Scott Van Woudenberg

Aug 1, 2017, 11:51:13 AM8/1/17
to Francesco Eccher, gce-discussion
Hi Francesco,

That is definitely not normal and we would like to investigate. Can you please email me (privately!) the following details:
  • project ID and project number
  • zone the affected VM is running in
  • name of the affected VM
  • date and time window (from your graph, it looks like between 10 and 10:30pm; is that pacific time and therefore last night, 7/31?)
We will follow up with you directly and then I'll post a followup to the group once we have more information.

Regards,

-ScottVW

---
Scott Van Woudenberg
Product Manager
Google Compute Engine

--
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/d63645a9-905d-44cb-9c5d-577bdae073c8%40googlegroups.com.

Jorge Obregon

Apr 23, 2018, 10:16:54 AM4/23/18
to gce-discussion
Hi guys,

What was the solution to this issue? I'm also experiencing the same problem.

I found a message in logs about "instance migrated during Compute Engine maintenance", which seems to cause a huge spike in CPU usage, network utilization, and causing my apps to be unresponsive.

Please help!

Cheers,
Jorge.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Francesco Eccher <fran...@gmail.com> wrote:
After an automatic "instance migrated during Compute Engine maintenance" on two instances on gke, I've noticed a big CPU performance degradation.
Before the migration the CPU was average on 35% and after the migration the CPU is 60% average... is that normal?
thank you

--
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.