Packet Loss - US-Central1-C - 9:15 PM EST

Steven Osborne

Dec 19, 2016, 9:23:40 PM12/19/16
to gce-discussion
One of my servers in US-Central1-C experienced packet loss around approximately 9:15 PM EST. All users from varying parts of the world experienced packet loss, losing their connection several times over the course of 2-3 minutes before the network seemed to stabilize.

Did anyone else in this region experience issues around this time? Can someone please look into this?

Steven Osborne

Dec 19, 2016, 9:46:07 PM12/19/16
to gce-discussion
Update: packet loss has still be on-going, seeming to vary in severity from very mild to severe.

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Dec 21, 2016, 12:56:26 PM12/21/16
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Steven,

Thanks for your report.

During that time-frame a small subset of customers experienced elevated network latency. We apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused and we are taking measures to address these type of problems.

Faizan

Steven Osborne

Jan 10, 2017, 11:14:26 PM1/10/17
to gce-discussion
Would like to report that a similar issue happened at approximately 8:38 PM EST and lasted for about 5 minutes. A small spike in CPU usage, Disk usage and Network traffic was observed around this time. Same instance, US-Central1-C.

Steven Osborne

Jan 12, 2017, 1:30:30 PM1/12/17
to gce-discussion
Reporting another connection loss at approximately 1:22 PM EST, same instance. CPU and Network seemed normal, there was however a spike in Disk read.