Data Center Geographic Locations?

jsc...@vmware.com

May 28, 2014, 11:29:38 AM5/28/14
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me where the data centers that back that various regions are geographically located.  IE Where in the US is us-central-1, where in Europe is europe-west1 and where in Asia is asia-east1?  Done a bit a google searching but so far no luck...

Thanks,
Joshua

Marcel Manz

May 28, 2014, 4:48:07 PM5/28/14
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello

would also like to get more details on this. It's important information in order to understand the involved latency between the user and the instance. For Europe I've heard that the zones are split among two countries (which?). Please shed some light on this Google.

Marcel

Mary

May 29, 2014, 8:25:00 AM5/29/14
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
this is the page for Google Data center locations: http://www.google.com/about/datacenters/inside/locations/index.html

Mary

JoshuaS

May 29, 2014, 10:19:12 AM5/29/14
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mary,

Yes, I've seen that page but it doesn't answer the original question.  Since there are 5 or 6 google datacenters in the US alone its unclear where us-central-1 is.  Is is spread across all 5?  Is it isolated to just 1?  Is us-central-1a in the same datacenter as us-central-1b?  You get the picture.

Thanks,
Joshua

Marcel Manz

May 29, 2014, 4:44:33 PM5/29/14
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
+1

Let's assume we want to have instances as closely as possible to other cloud services in Europe. That would be Ireland according your datacenter map. But which GCE zone is in Ireland? europe-west1-a or b?

Same question goes for all other regions and zones.

Sergio Garcia Murillo

Jun 4, 2014, 6:36:54 PM6/4/14
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
+1

phani1 kumar

Jan 22, 2018, 9:07:49 AM1/22/18
to gce-discussion

Scott Van Woudenberg

Jan 22, 2018, 12:13:57 PM1/22/18
to phani1 kumar, gce-discussion
For the record, we (GCE) also provide this information on our Regions & Zones docs page ("Location" column).

--
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/9d373d92-fb26-47c1-a08d-c37122d88e79%40googlegroups.com.