using gce as a vpn !!

MOHAMED AHMED

Apr 19, 2018, 11:17:51 AM4/19/18
to gce-discussion
hi
i saw some tutorials online for using gce as your own vpn service "your own private vpn" so is  this legal
what if people used it for torrent ? the ip is registered for google ?

Justin Reiners

Apr 19, 2018, 2:26:42 PM4/19/18
to MOHAMED AHMED, gce-discussion
VPN is legal, we use it for business, torrents are legal depending on what you are doing, yes the IP shows as Google owned.

I'd recommend if you are going to not stay within the legality lines on Google Cloud, You might want to look into another host.

I keep it straight and narrow in their cloud and I have never had a single issue with well over 100 machines/instances/and supporting services for my business.

--
© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/46724a55-a60a-4ae6-b340-2ba9d229799e%40googlegroups.com.

MOHAMED AHMED

Apr 19, 2018, 2:41:42 PM4/19/18
to gce-discussion
Thanks for your response
but what defines the limit of legal ? i mean what might be legal in one country might not be in the other

بتاريخ الخميس، 19 أبريل، 2018 9:26:42 م UTC+3، كتب Justin Reiners:

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 8:54 AM, MOHAMED AHMED <habi30...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi
i saw some tutorials online for using gce as your own vpn service "your own private vpn" so is  this legal
what if people used it for torrent ? the ip is registered for google ?
Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.

Justin Reiners

Apr 19, 2018, 2:45:19 PM4/19/18
to MOHAMED AHMED, gce-discussion
Its a little gray but I'd stake it as, if you pirate movies, software, movies, music etc, and it's against either your local laws and regulations or where Google is doing business, that would constitute as not legal I am guessing.

I'd just hate to have them shut you off for copyright claims. I've seen Google kill machines for running bitcoin mining during trials, I wouldn't' put it past them, or even blame them if they did.

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/0de5e7ea-d095-4c93-a0eb-c720f2433fac%40googlegroups.com.

Digil (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 19, 2018, 9:06:17 PM4/19/18
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com

Hello Mohamed,

Supporting to the responses posted by the other member, I highly recommend you to read the 'Google Cloud Platform ToS' before using the GCP and its related products. If you under a 'Free Tier', you might also need to check the Supplemental Terms and Conditions as well.

Furthermore, you might also want to check this podcast reference(an interview with the cloud abuse team) and Google Cloud platform’s acceptable use policy, where an overview of various abuse and applicable agreement between Customer and Google has been discussed.