[Google Compute Engine] Differential snapshots are back

Google Compute Engine Team

Nov 6, 2013, 12:24:05 PM11/6/13

Greetings Google Cloud Platform users,

Back on September 30th, we notified you that we disabled the differential snapshot capability for Persistent Disks.  We wanted to let you know that as of 11:00 AM PDT, October 25th, differential snapshots have been re-enabled.

NOTE: All snapshots taken between 7:00 PM PDT on September 24th and 11:00 AM PDT, October 25th, are full snapshots, and snapshots created after that period can once again be differential snapshots.

Now that we have re-enabled differential snapshots, we will be assessing the cost impact to customers and we will reach out to customers' whose volume snapshots have been most affected.

As always, please send us any feedback, questions or concerns via the normal channels.

-- Jay Judkowitz, on behalf of the Google Cloud Platform