New GCE API 'Getting Started' resources and v1beta15 deprecation notice

Google Compute Engine Team

Oct 9, 2013, 3:59:53 PM10/9/13

Greetings Google Cloud Platform users,

We have two updates today: we have created some new resources to help you get started with Compute Engine and we wanted to make sure you were aware that we deprecated v1beta15 last week when we launched v1beta16.

New Resources

v1beta15 Deprecation

We released GCE API v1beta16 last week, but in our email announcement we didn't mention that we have deprecated v1beta15, per our normal process when launching a new version of the API.

We included the deprecation notice in last weeks' release notes and have included it here for convenience:

v1beta15 is now deprecated and customers should switch to v1beta16. v1beta15 will remain available until January 03, 2014. For more information on how to transition to v1beta16, see our transition guide.

Thanks, and happy computing! As always, please send us any feedback via the normal channels.

-- Paul Rashidi, on behalf of the Google Cloud Platform