[Google Compute Engine] Windows 2012R2 image (beta)

Alex Gaysinsky

Mar 20, 2015, 12:55:04 PM3/20/15
to gce-an...@googlegroups.com

Greetings Google Compute Engine users,

Today, we announced that Windows 2012R2 is now available to all Compute Engine customers as a public beta.

You can launch Windows 2012 R2 on Compute Engine virtual machines either using our latest Cloud SDK:

gcloud compute instances create <INSTANCE> --image windows-2012-r2

or via the Google Developers console.

We’ve also updated our Windows 2008R2 image. This update includes bug fixes and performance improvements.

As always, please send us any feedback via the normal channels.

Thanks, and happy computing!

--Alex Gaysinsky, on behalf of the Google Cloud Platform