GCC officer election information

John Harris

Dec 17, 2008, 1:32:05 AM12/17/08
to gatorch...@googlegroups.com
Dear GCC members,

For those of you who are in town, remember that we are meeting tonight (Wednesday) at 7pm.

For the UF students,

We will be holding elections in January for new officers (president, vice-president and treasurer). If you are interested in running for office and are a UF student, you have to announce your candidacy by Jan 9. Here is the detailed calendar:

Elections Calendar:
Jan 07 First club meeting of spring
Jan 08 BCS football game
Jan 09 Announcement of candidacy for all 3 offices.  Name, office and party affiliation emailed to me by midnight of Jan 8. Candidates can only run for one office.
Jan 10 Candidates email me their official statements, campaign, bios, etc in any format they desire which I will screen for offensive or insulting material and forward to the club.
Jan 12 I will email out the screened statements from each candidate. This will be the first time that the candidates see the other candidate's statements.
Jan 12 I will email out a sample eballot to the candidates (with candidates for each office listed in alphabetical order). The eballot will have no campaign statements from the candidates. Ballots will be mailed to Robert Moy who has agreed to tally them for us. Robert will check the votes against the official list of voters.
Jan 14 6:30-7pm Town hall meeting for all candidates
Jan 14 7pm Club meeting, elections officially starts, no campaigning inside the meeting room, only outside the room. Campaign literature can be left on the table in the front of the room. Voters can only be called if the candidate had called the voter before or is asked to call by the voter.
Jan 17 UF Winter Chess Championship, limited campaigning only outside of the rooms.
Jan 14-18 Email elections, finish at Midnight Sunday night.
Jan 19 Announcement of winners. I will email out a list of names of all who voted (this will help detect if any fraudulent votes were sent from people who didn't vote).

John

PS Our constitution defines a voting member as any student who has attended 3 or more meetings. Our record keeping on this has been very poor to nonexistent. To the best of our knowledge, here are the official members of the club who are eligible to vote in the January election.

1.     Abhishek Singh

2.     Alex Patkowski

3.     Alexander Malekan

4.     Alexander Singh