Websocket and number of threads

Giampaolo

Jun 2, 2015, 5:17:01 PM6/2/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all,

I just read of Gatling and its capability of testing websockets. My question is very simple. When testing websockets, is a thread allocated on the test machine for each websocket I open or can a thread manage multiple sockets? For example a thread could send a message to socket1 while is expecting response from socket2.

Thank you in advance for your time.

gp

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jun 4, 2015, 6:16:43 AM6/4/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
No, Gatling doesn't create a thread per socket. It uses a NIO event based model.

Stéphane Landelle
Lead developer