Gatling SetUP for Rest API performance test

amit mohanty

May 19, 2016, 2:55:00 AM5/19/16
to Gatling User Group
Hello Experts,

I am new to Gatling and struggling to start in getting the tool set up. My goal is to do some performance testing on web services( Rest).

Pretty basic and stupid questions but IMP for a tester's point.
 I feel Gatling is not teser friendly.. prove me wrong :-)

Questions.
1. Do I need to install Maven or SBT in-order to get started with gatling?
2. what are the prereq for gatling to start.
3. for paramerising, do I need to have csv only or it does support notepad/nodtepad plus.

Mahesh

May 20, 2016, 3:37:02 PM5/20/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi There,

I'm not going to be able to answer about gatling being tester friendly because IMHO it depends on the tester a lot :)

1. I don't think so. You can just download the gatling latest bundle 2.2.1, tinker with the gatling.conf or gatling.sh/.bat as needed. You can use recorder to record website HTTP requests
2. Prereqs? AFAIK, JDK 1.8, latest release the better. Some good editor to edit the code (I use Brackets)
3. I don't get this question actually. You can parameterize with or without CSV files. There are other feeders available whoch you can check in the documentation

-Mahesh

amit mohanty

May 23, 2016, 9:06:04 PM5/23/16
to Gatling User Group
Mahesh,

Thanks for your input. this will surely help to get one step further..!!

amit mohanty

May 23, 2016, 9:11:29 PM5/23/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi All,

I am trying to simulate REST api services. New to gatling and dont know where to start from.

I need some help in getting started.

I have gatling installed and got the apis. need to know how to set up scenario and execute.

regards
Amit

Satheesh Mk

May 24, 2016, 1:27:29 AM5/24/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi,

   Cool  dear !!!!!

   The following link will guide through most of the feature. Your will learn more about simulations, scenarios, feeders, recorders, loops, Scala functions, etc.

   Wish you all the best.

Regards,
SatheeshRaj

Rakesh Gangadhar

Jun 21, 2017, 12:39:43 AM6/21/17
to Gatling User Group
Hi Satheesh,

Unable to access this link, Getting Documentation Not found message.

Regards,
Rakesh

Cliff Mayer

Jul 24, 2017, 11:27:03 AM7/24/17