Gatling Statistics

Alastair Vella

Jan 17, 2017, 2:34:05 AM1/17/17
to Gatling User Group
Hi all,

I am rather new to Gatling. I have a problem with the statistics generated by Gatling. I am using version 2.2.3.

The issue is that after a period of time as indicated in this graph the number of users falls to 0 but the number of request remains the same. I cannot understand why the number of users is falling to 0. I am using ramUsers() over() . Further more I cannot understand why the number of requests is the same when there are 1 and 2 users and then increased some time before the third user kicked in.

I think that there is no relation between the number of users and the generated requests and I  cannot understand why.

I appreciate the help you provide. And thanks for Gatling.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jan 17, 2017, 8:55:46 AM1/17/17
to gat...@googlegroups.com
See https://github.com/gatling/gatling/issues/3220

It's been fixed in our private repository.

Regarding Aidy's comment:
  • we only push on public master from time to time (you can check the commit history and see that it's quite up-to-date)
  • there's currently no plan for new public releases of the 2.2 branch. Then, we do have private ones for our FrontLine customers though.
Cheers,

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 2:41 PM, <adrian...@hushmail.com> wrote:
So,

rampUsers(500) over(10 minutes)

will be 500/600

which =

>>> 500.0 / 600.0
0.8333333333333334

Gatling is correct.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:12 PM, adrian...@hushmail.com wrote:

>Still the same issue. I would eventually expect 500 TCP
>connections with "rampUsers(500) over(10 minutes)".  And 1 user
>should == 1 TCP connection.
>
>On 1/17/2017 at 12:40 PM, adrian...@hushmail.com wrote:
>>
>>I was sharingConnections. I am trying on 2.2.3 again.
>>
>>On 1/17/2017 at 12:10 PM, adrian...@hushmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am getting the same issue, with
>>>
>>>{code}
>>>rampUsers(500) over(10 minutes)
>>>{code}
>>>
>>>But the graph only shows up to 2 active users throughout the
>>>simulation.
>>>
>>>I think any bug fixes post 2.2.3 are closed source (until
>2.3.0),
>>>so thinking of moving back to 2.2.2.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Aidy
>>>
>>>On 1/17/2017 at 7:34 AM, "Alastair Vella"

>>>--
>>
>>--

Alastair Vella

Jan 17, 2017, 10:12:06 AM1/17/17
to Gatling User Group
Hi Stephane,

Thanks for your quick feedback.

I reverted back to the 2.2.2 version and it is working fine. Still I cannot understand why the number of requests did not increase when we had 3 users. it seems that it maxed out with 2 users. Do you think this is an issue of logging?

Thanks again.