How to run multiple simulations simultaneously

Dmitry Bedrin

Apr 27, 2016, 9:36:52 AM4/27/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi lads,

Is it possible to start multiple gatling simulations simultaneously, i.e. in parallel?
I'm thinking about starting about a 100 simulations and I'd like to avoid running 100 JVM processes.

I have modified the Gatling runner from gatling-puppet-load-test project ( https://github.com/puppetlabs/gatling-puppet-load-test/blob/master/simulation-runner/src/main/scala/com/puppetlabs/gatling/runner/PuppetGatlingRunner.scala ) so it would start two different simulations in separate threads and it seems to have worked but I was wondering if it is supported by gatling out of the box of if there're any caveats I have missed?

Another question is can I merge the reports from different simulations somehow in order to get them all on a single webpage or in a single csv file?

Thanks,
 Dmitry

Abhinav Gogna

Apr 27, 2016, 11:33:57 AM4/27/16
to Gatling User Group
Yes you can run 100 simulations simultaneously. One way I can think of is to create separate scenario files and a single simulation file that reference all of them.

You can also merge reports - http://gatling.io/docs/2.2.0/cookbook/scaling_out.html

Stéphane LANDELLE

Apr 29, 2016, 4:48:44 AM4/29/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to start multiple gatling simulations simultaneously, i.e. in parallel?
I'm thinking about starting about a 100 simulations and I'd like to avoid running 100 JVM processes.

If you run multiple load tests at the same time from the same host, they will compete for resources (bandwidth, CPU, memory), mess up with each others and your results won't be meaningful.