Custom Metric Writer Implementation

Michael McFadyen

May 23, 2018, 10:30:29 AM5/23/18
to Gatling User Group
Hi,

I was looking for additional metric writer implementations for gatling. Currently, I am only aware of the graphite implementation however we are currently using datadog as our hosting solution for metrics. If there are any examples of other metrics writers could they please be shared.

Furthermore, does anyone know of a guide/documentation on how to implement your own metrics writer for gatling?

Thanks,
Michael

Stéphane LANDELLE

May 23, 2018, 10:34:43 AM5/23/18
to gat...@googlegroups.com
DataWriters are neither a public API nor customizable (closed list).

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael McFadyen

May 23, 2018, 10:47:18 AM5/23/18
to Gatling User Group
May I ask why this is the case and if it may be opened up in the future?

Stéphane LANDELLE

May 23, 2018, 10:49:00 AM5/23/18
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Because additional reporting features and integrations is something we provide in FrontLine.

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO

Michael McFadyen

May 23, 2018, 11:04:29 AM5/23/18
to Gatling User Group
In all honesty, this is pretty frustrating. People are moving away from graphite to dimensional dbs (prometheus/influx etc) and I believe it would be a great feature to support those datasources in the open source version of gatling. I understand you guys need to restrict certain functionality to put in your enterprise version of gatling however I find this decision a bit strange.

Thanks,
Michael

David Luu

May 24, 2018, 5:17:42 PM5/24/18
to Gatling User Group
Maybe it's to help limit competition in OSS version from the community extending the functionality should the interface be exposed?

Niko Kovač

May 25, 2018, 9:25:34 AM5/25/18
to Gatling User Group
It's possible to use influxDb in opensource version of gatling - https://gatling.io/docs/2.3/realtime_monitoring/

среда, 23 мая 2018 г., 18:04:29 UTC+3 пользователь Michael McFadyen написал:
People are moving away from graphite to dimensional dbs (prometheus/influx etc) and I believe it would be a great feature to support those datasources in the open source version of gatling.

--
BR, Niko Kovač.