Gatling report by e-mail??

Oleg Kulynyak

Jun 23, 2016, 4:20:14 AM6/23/16
to Gatling User Group
Good day!
I am new in Gatling.
I have already wrote my script and now need to realize automatic starting of it and (!) sending report by e-mail.
Is there some possibility to do this? Any think?

Tony Cruickshank

Jun 23, 2016, 5:00:13 AM6/23/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleg,

I'd either look into the Jenkins plugin, and add jobs to that, or modify the gatling.sh script, adding bash commands to do the email.

To automate the starting, there's a script here that you might be able to tweak: http://www.nimrodstech.com/gatling-cluster-load-testing/ This starts jobs on multiple hosts, retrieves and then collates the results.

Kind regards,
Tony.

Intelligence is free. Wisdom comes at a cost.

adrian...@hushmail.com

Jun 23, 2016, 6:15:44 AM6/23/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Just to add onto Tony's answer/blog, I use pdsh to run simulations from a number of instances.
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2014/166/Parallel-Shells

Oleg Kulynyak

Jun 23, 2016, 7:45:58 AM6/23/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi, guys!
I used jenkins to automate start(just configured new job, in which scripted batch to start gatling script).
Also i tried to use gatling plugin for jenkins and got """ERROR: Step ‘Track a Gatling load simulation’ aborted due to exception:
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException: Unrecognized field "percentiles3" (class com.excilys.ebi.gatling.jenkins.RequestReport), not marked as ignorable (13 known properties: , "minResponseTime", "numberOfRequests", "standardDeviation", "meanNumberOfRequestsPerSecond", "name", "maxResponseTime", "group1", "meanResponseTime", "group2", "group3", "group4" [truncated]])
 at [Source: C:\Jenkins\jobs\GCORE_try\builds\3\simulations\gcore-1466677961948\js\global_stats.json; line: 38, column: 22] (through reference chain: com.excilys.ebi.gatling.jenkins.RequestReport["percentiles3"])"""
with e-mail there is another problem - report (not a log file) consist of many *html files. and really dont know what to do. Transform it to *pdf will loose nice html view.

Thanks!

Oleg Kulynyak

Jun 23, 2016, 8:19:57 AM6/23/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi again))
Just for information - issue with ""percentiles3" exception resolved by updating gatling jenkins plugin to 1.2.0 version.

only e-mailing of report remained

Tony Cruickshank

Jun 23, 2016, 8:35:15 AM6/23/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Modify the Jenkins job to tar/zip the directory?