"Connection was reset" error message

Sarosh Arunkumar

Nov 25, 2015, 3:15:43 PM11/25/15
to Gatling User Group
Hi all,

Newbie to using gatling, please bear with me :)  Installed and attempting the example in the "Getting Started" section, configured FF browser to localhost and port 8000, but when attempting to visit http://computer-database.gatling.io/ (or any website), I receive a "The connection was reset" error.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Sarosh

Sarosh Arunkumar

Nov 25, 2015, 3:45:37 PM11/25/15
to Gatling User Group
and command line comes back with following message:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException:
 Failed to bind to: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8000
        at org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ServerBootstrap.bind(ServerBootstrap.java:272)
        at io.gatling.recorder.http.HttpProxy.<init>(HttpProxy.scala:43)
        at io.gatling.recorder.controller.RecorderController.startRecording(RecorderController.scala:79)
        at io.gatling.recorder.ui.RecorderFrontend.startRecording(RecorderFrontE
nd.scala:69)

Sarosh Arunkumar

Nov 25, 2015, 4:13:38 PM11/25/15
to Gatling User Group
Alright, ran tcpview and found port 8000 was already being used, changed it to 8002 and it worked!

Stéphane LANDELLE

Nov 25, 2015, 4:44:56 PM11/25/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
That's how I like people asking for help :)

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO