Reporting loops as a single request

Nick Drew

Jun 18, 2012, 9:28:35 PM6/18/12
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

How would I go about reporting the aggregate timing a loop made up of a polling request?

Here's my current state:  I start a long running job, and then poll it every second until complete:

.loop(
chain.exec(
http("poll_indexing")
.get("url-of-long-running-job")
.check(
status.is(200),
regex("Available|Finished|Running")
.find
.transform((s:String) => if(s.compareTo("Running")==0) "true" else "false")
.whatever
.saveAs("indexing"))).pause(1)
).asLongAs(
"${indexing}", "true"
)

However, when I view the report for this, I see a breakdown on how long "poll_indexing" takes per poll (e.g. < 5ms), rather than how long poll_indexing takes in total (e.g. 30 seconds)...

How would I aggregate poll_indexing into a total time?

Regards

Nick

Stéphane Landelle

Jun 19, 2012, 1:45:48 AM6/19/12
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

We don't have aggregates for now, but that's something we plan to implement:

As this feature has be repeatedly requested, we'll raise its priority, so expect it to be implemented in a next release (< 1 month).

Cheers,

Stéphane

Nick Drew

Michael Cowan

Jul 27, 2016, 7:36:35 PM7/27/16
to Gatling User Group, nick....@gmail.com
Was this ever implemented? Can't seem to find anything?

I would like to report out on the Chains or Scala Objects grouping requests.

Michael Cowan

Jul 28, 2016, 12:48:54 PM7/28/16
to Gatling User Group, nick....@gmail.com
NM .. I figured it out (RTFM). I should be using groups to execute chains and report on a single name.

Thanks.

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jul 28, 2016, 9:10:17 PM7/28/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com, nick....@gmail.com