New behavior for RawFileBody?

Stephen

May 3, 2016, 5:37:47 AM5/3/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi everyone,

I have been using this great tool for weeks now and I sucessfully developped several scenario with Gatling 2.1.7.

I just switched to the latest version (bundle 2.2.0) and I get an error on RawFileBody when trying to compile.

The error is:

 found   : io.gatling.core.body.RawFileBody
 required: io.gatling.core.session.Expression[String]
    (which expands to)  io.gatling.core.session.Session => io.gatling.commons.va
lidation.Validation[String]
10:37:11.793 [ERROR] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ -                      .check(bodyStrin
g.is(RawFileBody("RecordedSimulation_0000_response.txt"))))

It is possible to reproduce this error by creating a new scenario using the Recorder with "save&check response bodies" and trying to compile it.

I did not find anything in the documentation about RawFileBody but did some changes were made on its behaviour ? Or did I just miss something?

Thank you.

Stéphane LANDELLE

May 3, 2016, 6:13:39 AM5/3/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Indeed an issue, thanks for reporting.

RawFileBody is now a Expression[Array[Byte]] because there's no way to be sure that it's text.
So you have to replace "bodyString" by "bodyBytes".

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO