Gatling command line how to

Paul Langeard

Feb 19, 2012, 6:42:56 AM2/19/12
to Gatling User Group
Hi,
I try to launch gatling using CLI.

I have put my simulation here :
user-files/simulations/read-main-10-UV/read-
main-10UV_scenario@default_scala.scala
So I user the option : -ro read-main-10-UV

I want my result here :
results/read-main-10-UV/
So I user the option : -rf read-main-10-UV

./gatling.sh -ro read-main-10-UV -rf read-main-10-UV
GATLING_HOME already set to: /web/gatling
-----------
Gatling cli
-----------

Simulation Finished. Generating Reports...
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: read-main-10-
UV/read-main-10-UV/simulation.log (No such file or directory)
at scala.io.Source$.fromFile(Source.scala:91)
at scala.io.Source$.fromFile(Source.scala:76)
at scala.io.Source$.fromFile(Source.scala:81)
at
com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.loader.DataLoader.<init>(DataLoader.scala:
73)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.report.ReportsGenerator
$.generateFor(ReportsGenerator.scala:38)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling
$.generateStats(Gatling.scala:170)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling
$.runGatling(Gatling.scala:86)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling$.main(Gatling.scala:63)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling.main(Gatling.scala)

What's wrong ?

--
Paul

Stéphane Landelle

Feb 19, 2012, 7:25:28 AM2/19/12
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

ro means "reports-only". It's used for bypassing the simulation and directly generate the reports from an existing simulation.log.
For example, you can use it if you've killed Gatling while it was still running, but you want to generate the reports from the partial results.

Basically, just remove the -ro option.

Cheers,

Stephane

Paul Langeard

Feb 19, 2012, 8:35:18 AM2/19/12
to Gatling User Group
Thanks Stephan,
It is possible to run a simulation with a command line ? I want to run
automatically the simulations.

--
Paul

On Feb 19, 1:25 pm, Stéphane Landelle <slande...@excilys.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> ro means "reports-only". It's used for bypassing the simulation and
> directly generate the reports from an existing simulation.log.
> For example, you can use it if you've killed Gatling while it was still
> running, but you want to generate the reports from the partial results.
>
> Basically, just remove the -ro option.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stephane

Stéphane Landelle

Feb 19, 2012, 10:13:02 AM2/19/12
to gat...@googlegroups.com
It will be possible in the next 1.1.0 that will be released mid-march.

This functionality is actually already developed and pushed in the master, you'll have to use the "-s" (simulations) options.
Just be aware that we're changing quite a few things on the CLI in 1.1 and those changes are not documented yet. For example, we'll drop the txt format support.

Stephane

2012/2/19 Paul Langeard <agp...@gmail.com>
Thanks Stephan,

Paul Langeard

May 11, 2012, 3:52:33 AM5/11/12
to gat...@googlegroups.com
works fine :

./gatling.sh -s basic.CallEventDoneSimulation

--
Paul

Stéphane Landelle

May 11, 2012, 8:17:35 AM5/11/12
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes, things work as expected... ;-)
Thanks for the feedback.