Re: [Gatling List] JMS DSL

Message has been deleted

slan...@gatling.io

Jul 8, 2015, 12:41:12 PM7/8/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Traveling atm. IIRC, AMQ doesn't use the standard correlation id. Check the documentation.

Le 8 juil. 2015 à 17:06, adrian...@hushmail.com a écrit :

Hi,

In fact the request message is being sent (pending message), but the reply queue does not seem to be consuming the message. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Many Thanks

Aidy

On 7/8/2015 at 12:40 PM, adrian...@hushmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I have an ActiveMQ broker which I can make a tcp connection to.

I have a simulation which uses the Gatling JMS DSL.

Unfortunately, the message is not sent to the queue and I get a test that loops without any requests being made.

It is difficult for me to debug the test without a thrown exception and I wondered if I was doing anything obviously wrong?

Many Thanks

Aidy

Message has been deleted

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jul 9, 2015, 12:02:50 PM7/9/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Did you configure the reply destination? http://gatling.io/docs/2.1.6/jms.html#destination

Stéphane Landelle
Lead developer

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 7:13 PM, <adrian...@hushmail.com> wrote:
Hi Stephane

I've now added the matchByCorrelationID method to the JMS config and I can view the message in the web console. A response queue appears as a consumer, however the request queue does not appear to have any consumers associated with it and the message is not consumed.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jul 10, 2015, 5:28:36 AM7/10/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Are you saying that .queue("requestQueue").replyQueue("responseQueue") doesn't work while .destination(queue("requestQueue")).replyDestination(queue("responseQueue")) does?

It should be the exact same thing, the first form is just a short cut.

Stéphane Landelle
Lead developer

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 9:39 AM, <adrian...@hushmail.com> wrote:
Just for the archives, destination does consume the message.

  .destination(queue("loadTestQueue"))
  .replyDestination(queue("loadTestQueue"))

Aidy

On 7/9/2015 at 5:33 PM, adrian...@hushmail.com wrote:
The request and response queue are set here: https://github.com/bbc/gatling-load-tests/blob/master/src/test/scala/bbc/amq/AmqRequestResponse.scala#L21-L22.

The issue can be reproduced by running:

$ docker run -p 61616:61616 -p 8161:8161 cloudesire/activemq

And changing the URL from the above simulation to the boot2docker ip.

Many Thanks

Aidy
Message has been deleted

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jul 10, 2015, 5:44:32 AM7/10/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Super weird o_0

queue("foo") is an alias for destination(queue("foo"))
and replyQueue("foo") is an alias for replyDestination(queue("foo"))

Are you sure you have the proper queue names?
In your first commit, you were using different queues ("requestQueue" and "responseQueue") and in the second one, you switch to a single queue (" loadTestQueue").
I think your sample/system under test uses a single queue for receiving and replying and your original set up was wrong.

Stéphane Landelle
Lead developer

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:36 AM, <adrian...@hushmail.com> wrote:
Yes. I am saying this. I'll create a reproducer.
Message has been deleted

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jul 10, 2015, 6:04:07 AM7/10/15
to gat...@googlegroups.com
No, the JMS model doesn't enforce you to have different queues. It depends on your application.

The JMSCompileTest is, as its name states, a test to check that the DSL compiles. It's not a functional sample.

In your case, it looks like the send and reply queues are the same.

Stéphane Landelle
Lead developer

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM, <adrian...@hushmail.com> wrote:
> you were using different queues ("requestQueue" and "responseQueue")

My understanding of the JMS request/reply model is that there are two queues. The sender sends a message on a request queue which is processed by the receiver and a reply is sent back on the response queue which the receiver listens to. The messages are matched by JMSCorrelationID.

The original commit was based on a Gatling test:

Many Thanks

Aidy

Santosh Kulkarni

Mar 23, 2016, 8:17:13 AM3/23/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi All,

I have only request queue name and do not have replyqueue name? How to proceed further. Is there any other way ??

Please help me

Thanks,
Santosh Kulkarn
Aidy

prashant bhat

Jul 19, 2016, 5:02:03 PM7/19/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi All ,

Even in my case , i dont have a replyQueue. And looks like thats causing my script to fail.
Please some one help.

my JMS config is ,
val jmsConfig = jms
.connectionFactoryName(jmsConnectionFactory)
.url(jmsUrl)
.credentials(jmsUsername,jmsPwd)
.disableAnonymousConnect
.contextFactory(classOf[org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory].getName)
.listenerCount(1)

Below is the stack trace.
[INFO ] i.g.j.c.SimpleJmsClient - Got Connection ActiveMQConnection {id=bbbbbbbb
Exception in thread "Thread-3" javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: User aaaaaaa is not authorized to read from ID:bbbbbbbb
at org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:52)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1392)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQSession.java:2081)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.<init>(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:279)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(ActiveMQSession.java:1303)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(ActiveMQSession.java:1247)
at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(ActiveMQSession.java:1159)
at io.gatling.jms.client.SimpleJmsClient.createReplyConsumer(SimpleJmsClient.scala:91)
at io.gatling.jms.JmsReqReplyAction$ListenerThread$$anon$1.run(JmsReqReplyAction.scala:70)

prashant bhat

Jul 19, 2016, 5:26:30 PM7/19/16
to Gatling User Group
My scenarion was as below ,

val scn = scenario("JMS test").repeat(1) {
exec(jms("req reply testing").reqreply
.queue(jmsQname)
.textMessage("hello from gatling jms dsl")
.property("test_header", "test_value")

If i add ,  .replyQueue(jmsQname) to the scenario , i dont get the security exception any more.
But i dont want the reply messages to go to a separate queue. Can the gatling receive the response from the queue instead ?
Is there any way i dont have to give the replyQueue in my scenario ?

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jul 20, 2016, 2:04:54 AM7/20/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com
If you don't have reply messages, what do you entend on measuring to keep your service performance in check?

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO

Aidy

dgldns

Aug 25, 2017, 9:20:45 AM8/25/17
to Gatling User Group
Hi Stephane,

Could you please advise how to receive the response from the queue? Currently my messages are sent to queue as expected, but gatling doesn't count that as success, it stays on 'Active', not moving to 'Done'.