using gatling for a test by level

Viet Minh

Apr 11, 2014, 5:35:11 PM4/11/14
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have the following simulation :

here is an extract of code

val scn = scenario("call WebService")
     .during(15 minutes){
      exec(
        http("call WebService")
          .post("""""")
          .headers(headers_1)
          .body(StringBody(xmlbodyLine))
          .check(status.is(200))
        )
        }

setUp(scn.inject(ramp(60 users) over (180 seconds))).protocols(httpProtocol)
}

Therefore, I have a ramp up with 60 virtual users over 180 seconds and when this ramp up finishes, I will have 60 virtual users connect simultaneously to my webservice over 15 minutes

How can I do in the extract of my code above if I want to chain up immediately with a ramp up of 30 virtual users over 90 seconds in order that to have a total of 90 virtual users to connect simultaneously to my webservice over 15 minutes ?

Thanks a lot

Nicolas Rémond

Apr 11, 2014, 5:38:38 PM4/11/14
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi

What do you mean by "immediately"? When the first ramp is finished, you start the second one?
In that case, just do that:

setUp(scn.inject(ramp(60 users) over (180 seconds),
ramp(30 users) over (90 seconds))).protocols(httpProtocol)

cheers,
Nicolas

Viet Minh

Apr 11, 2014, 5:49:41 PM4/11/14