Determine maximum users per second the target application can handle before failing

Chris Kim

Nov 22, 2017, 12:39:11 PM11/22/17
to Gatling User Group
Hi everyone, I'm new to Gatling and Scala. I am trying to set up automated performance tests for my application.

I have this simulation, which works fine for obtaining a pass/fail result based on predefined thresholds:

But what I really want to do is determine the maximum users or requests per second my application can handle before it crashes or fails a request.
In other words, I want Gatling to ramp up the number of users per second until Gatling reports a KO, and I want it to report the number of active requests per second at that time.

Is this possible with Gatling? Or is this a misguided approach?
Thanks!