GarlicSim 0.6.3 released, becomes fully open-source!

cool-RR

Apr 7, 2011, 6:28:17 PM4/7/11
to garlicsim-announce, garlicsim, garlicsim-dev
I have big news. I’ve decided to release the entire code of GarlicSim as open-source under the LGPL license. Previously, only `garlicsim` and `garlicsim_lib` were released under the LGPL, and the `garlicsim_wx` GUI was closed-source. Now I’ve released `garlicsim_wx` under the LGPL as well, so the GarlicSim project is completely open source. Yay!

I’ve made a new release, GarlicSim 0.6.3, which clearly states that `garlicsim_wx` is released under the LGPL. I also made a few minor additions in this release:

What’s new in GarlicSim 0.6.3

  • `garlicsim_wx` gets released as open-source under the LGPL license.
  • Most of the sample simpacks in `garlicsim_lib` have been rewritten to be more elegant and well-documented.
  • NumPy is no longer needed in order to run the `garlicsim_lib.simpacks.queue` simpack.
  • A class `garlicsim.general_misc.identities.HasIdentity` was added, to be used as a base class for every object that needs to maintain its identity across simulation states.
  • A bunch of fixes, more tests, and more documentation.

Go on and install the new version!