Considering dropping Python 2.5 support

cool-RR

Apr 28, 2011, 7:14:11 AM4/28/11
to garlicsim
Hey everyone,

I'm considering dropping Python 2.5 support in GarlicSim. This would solve a compatibility bug I have now with zipimports, and generally make me a happier person.

Do you think that people have generally moved off Python 2.5 already? Python 2.6 was released two and a half years ago, but I'm not sure whether 2.5 is safe to ignore already. I understand that GAE still runs on 2.5, which is a huge bummer... Though 2.7 support seems to be in the "Features on Deck" category in their roadmap, so I hope they do it soon so 2.5 would die already.

What do you think? Are there any people here who are forced to work with Python 2.5 for some reason?

Ram.

cool-RR

May 17, 2011, 5:50:25 AM5/17/11
to garl...@googlegroups.com
Eventually I decided not to drop 2.5 support, and managed to get my bug fixed.

Ram.