Full Festival schedule now available

Games for Change

Jul 5, 2017, 11:45:12 AM7/5/17
to gamesfo...@googlegroups.com

With the Games for Change Festival schedule now online, you can explore everything we offer across our three tracks and the VR for Change Summit. Buy your pass and start building your schedule today.

VR for Change Summit
The VR for Change Summit aims to expand our understanding of what is possible with virtual reality technology to create positive social change. Hear from VR visionary Nonny de la Peña, former U.S. CTO Megan Smith, and Planned Parenthood's Dawn Laguens on how they are using VR. Try out some of the latest demos and experiences that are making real-world impact.

Civics & Social Issues
The Civics & Social Issues track explores the tremendous political changes over the last year, while elevating a range of voices from indie and commercial game development who cover fake news, immigration, human rights, and more. Join game makers Paolo Pedercini, Colleen Macklin, Mary Flanagan, and Tracy Fullerton as they examine play and politics.

Neurogaming & Health
The Neurogaming & Health track highlights the latest health and neuroscience games with purpose and dives into the myths and realities of brain-training games. Ubisoft and Amblyotech share their game to treat lazy eye, and professor Moran Cerf shows how neuroscience helps us measure engagement. Learn about scientific findings from games like Mozak and EVE Online.

Games for Learning Summit
The Games for Learning Summit, co-hosted by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) and Microsoft, features diverse perspectives on revolutionary models for distribution, sustainability, and discoverability. ESA President and CEO Michael D. Gallagher shares the game industry's positive impacts, professor Constance Steinkuehler presents 10 findings on games for learning from 10 years of research, and GSV Acceleration principal Jason Horne analyzes the future of game-based learning from a business standpoint.

Buy Festival passes here.