Four new video games to prevent teen dating violence now available!

Drew Crecente

Jul 28, 2016, 12:56:57 PM7/28/16
to Games for Change

Research-based approach to prevent teen dating violence through video games
Four free video games released.

Atlanta, Ga. – In its continuing effort to prevent teen dating violence, the NGO Jennifer Ann’s Group is excited to release the 2016 winners of its annual video game challenge.

"The Room Beneath the Rafters" - Luciano Sgarbi - UK / Sweden – JAGga.me/roombeneath

"Leaving" - Greg Heath-Kelly (Tetsudo) - UK – JAGga.me/leaving

"Honeymoon" - Sandra Lara Castillo (SNDR) - UK – JAGga.me/honeymoon

"A Casual Chat" - Andreas Lopez (Sphere 9) - USA – JAGga.me/casualchat

Research has shown that one of the most difficult things for teenagers is to seek or accept help. To that end, exploring concepts regarding relationship abuse through games, at their own pace and through the convenience of a phone, tablet, or computer has proven to be more effective than traditional pen-and-paper learning on the subject of dating relationships.

Jennifer Ann’s Group’s use of game through its “Gaming Against Violence” program is an evidence based approach to abuse prevention shown to change unhealthy attitudes about relationships in a single game session – only 20 to 40 minutes long.

These new games, like all games produced by Jennifer Ann’s Group, are 100% free to play online and for download to smartphones and tablets. They are designed for young people looking to better understand healthy dating relationships, for educators to use in the classroom, and for parents wanting to initiate a conversation with their teens and tweens.

These games are a proven method to help young people but rely heavily on word of mouth to tell others that these free resources are available - please share this important information today:

SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING LINKS