Apply to be a 2017 ivoh Restorative Narrative Fellow

ivohe...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 12:42:20 PM11/10/16
to Games for Change

Hi all,

I wanted to share a fellowship opportunity with you...

The media plays an important role in telling stories about tragedies, trauma, and communities or individuals who are facing adversities. And yet, too often, these are the main stories we see and hear from the media. Images & Voices of Hope is working to change that — by providing media practitioners with an opportunity to tell stories about how people and communities are finding hope, resiliency and restoration in the aftermath or midst of difficult times.

If this type of storytelling interests you and you have a strong story idea, then I hope you'll consider applying for Images & Voices of Hope’s Restorative Narrative Fellowship.

ivoh’s fellowship is an extension of the organization’s work around Restorative Narrative — a genre of stories that show how people and communities are making a meaningful progression from a place of despair to a place of resilience. (You can read more about Restorative Narratives, and find related examples, here.)

The fellowship, which will run February 1 through August 1, will provide five fellows with a stipend to spend six months telling Restorative Narratives in various communities. As a fellow, you’ll have the opportunity to help change media — and the people and communities that media serves — for the better.

The fellowship is open to media practitioners of all kinds -- including gamers, photographers, documentary filmmakers, journalists and more. Last year one of our fellows, Dan Archer, combined VR and storytelling to pursue a powerful project about the Colombia conflict.

We hope to have more people working in digital games, VR, and AR apply for this year's fellowship.

Please message me if you have any questions.

Look forward to seeing your applications!

~Mallary Tenore, Executive Director of Images & Voices of Hope | mte...@ivoh.org

ivoh.org