peer/mentor needed

Janine berger

Sep 7, 2017, 3:42:23 PM9/7/17
to Games for Change
Hello,
My name is Janine and I teach EFL at a small university in Ecuador.  My background is EFL education, and I'm a self-taught game-designer (ie: I don't know much but I'm eager to learn).
I've been working on creating non-digital classroom games on social justice issues.  I've already published one book of 30 games and am about to publish a second one with 120.
I'm now working on a new idea, the elevator version of which is this: I'm developping a series of games to teach the Sustainable Development Goals. Each game is meant to promote empathy for the marginalised populations whom the SDGs aim to help. The games are mainly short (5-60min) non-digital classroom games. The target players are university students studying political science, law, communications etc. and I'm planning a slightly modified version for ESL/EFL teachers to use as well.
Would anyone be interested in giving me constructive criticism?

Lilly L

Apr 11, 2018, 10:11:15 AM4/11/18
to Games for Change
Hi Janine

Sounds like a great project! Love the fact that its focusing on non-digital. Do you know John HUnter's World Peace Game? Not for uni students, but perhaps it can be an inspiration for something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_UTgoPUTLQ

Lilly