Asylum Seekers - have I handled the topic sensitively enough?

Alternate Craig

Apr 13, 2016, 9:34:32 PM4/13/16
to Games for Change
Him my name's Ash. and I'm interested in all sides of the Asylum Seeker debate.

Here is the first instalment (demo/prologue in progress) of my series: Stateless which deals with the issue from the subjective viewpoint of a shipwrecked asylum seeker.

This is my first game and largely based on my experiences - parallel to those of asylum seekers.

I'd love to get feedback from anyone who plays the demo about the mood/vibe of the game. The intention is to have these vibes embedded into the game, in the air, woven through, rather than shoved at the player.

I missed out on the G4C competition and I didn't want to spam the group, but I've also given up waiting for the right thing to say to pop into my head. So this is it. Share your experiences and reactions. It's all good.

And if you have any suggestions for building a fanbase I'm all ears. I'm a total outsider, so any practical advice is going to be a bonus.

I vaguely remember an agency that helps brands market to university students based on causes, so if anyone knows more about this or anything similar that might be handy.

Kind regards,

Ash.