Activate and A Closed World

mstr...@g.uafs.edu

Mar 12, 2018, 1:57:36 PM3/12/18
to Games for Change
For an assignment, I played both of these games.
Activate was a very fun, and engaging game. I would recommend this game for any class, especially if students have earned down time, or even to teach kids a whole different topic towards the end of the school year. During this game, I was able to choose a character. My goal was to go around town to help others in the town or volunteer where help was needed. This game would be great for kids who have earned free time because they will be learning life values and lessons while playing. It is beneficial to them, not just something to play to pass time. Using this game at the end of the school year would also be a great opportunity for the teacher to go more in depth about how great it is to volunteer and help others in the world.
A Closed World is a game that focuses on the struggles of LGBTQ youth. I think this game is great to teach young students the negativity of bullying. It will open student's eyes to the reality of today's world. This game is a great way for teachers to introduce the topic without physically having to come up with a classroom discussion about the matter.
Overall, I love this website, I find it very engaging and informative. I will be using this website in some way in my future of being a teacher.