Looking with schools / teachers working with commercial games

Thorkild Hanghøj

Apr 7, 2015, 2:47:33 PM4/7/15
to gamesfo...@googlegroups.com, to...@skolenispil.dk, st...@skolenispil.dk

Hi Games 4 change people,

We are a group of Danish researchers and teachers working on the research and development project “The School at Play” funded by the Egmont Foundation, which explores the use of commercial games and game pedagogies in schools. Our project is specifically aimed at 10-12 years old students in learning difficulties (academic, social and emotional) within Math and the subject Danish.

We have already accumulated a lot of research and experience with the game-infused teaching methods used in the project, but we are still interested in learning more from others! Right now, we are looking for inspiration from schools and after-school programs, which use commercial games (e.g. World of Warcraft, Torchlight 2 etc.) or analogue game dynamics on a regular basis as a part of their pedagogical approaches.

I am familiar with the Quest 2 Learn school and the MMO in Schools initiative, which both seems very relevant. However, I would like to know if there exist other such initiatives – either lead by schools or by individual teachers?

Hope to hear from many of you J

Best regards,

Thorkild Hanghøj

Project leader & principal researcher

The School at Play project

Adobe
              Systems

Thorkild Hanghøj

Associate Professor, PhD |  Department of Communication and Psychology

T: (+45) 5172 8367 | Email: thor...@hum.aau.dk |

Aalborg University | A. C. Meyers Vænge 15| 2450 Copenhagen SV | Denmark

lequerica

Jun 10, 2015, 2:46:48 PM6/10/15
to gamesfo...@googlegroups.com, st...@skolenispil.dk, to...@skolenispil.dk