cannot convert element type object to map entry

Srirama Bhamidipati

May 23, 2015, 1:12:57 AM5/23/15
to gama...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I updated SVN, i get the error in gama.application
cannot convert element type object to map entry

Please see attached picture

Please note I am using Kepler on mac osx.

regards,
Srirama
Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 07.07.42.png

Alexis Drogoul

May 23, 2015, 3:46:31 AM5/23/15
to gama...@googlegroups.com
Hum… Surprising, to say the least, as this class has not been modified since last January…

Clean rebuild, manual deletion of the error and rebuild, nothing works ? In any case, I’m not even sure that this class is still used (well, it is in the code, but has anyone launched this dialog to edit a map… ? I doubt it).

If nothing works, you can always change the code yourself to the following :

for ( final Object gamlElement : data.getPairs() ) {
if ( gamlElement instanceof GamaPair ) {
list.add(((GamaPair) gamlElement).serialize(false));
}
}

But this would remain a mystery if it doesn’t work.

(by the way, you can still launch GAMA even if you have an error somewhere, did you know it ? Especially if the error is in a class that is NOT used…)

--
Senior Researcher, UMI UMMISCO 209, IRD & UPMC, France.

Srirama Bhamidipati

May 23, 2015, 7:51:02 AM5/23/15
to gama...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Alexis. I changed the code as per your suggestion. The error is solved. But now I have a new problem. Eclipse says, the application could not be started. Attached is the log file.

I know I was ambitious in installing Kepler. If you think all these problems are because of Kepler then I will downgrade. Else please see the log file, may I am making some small mistake.

I installed oracle java 1.7, because Kepler did not work with default apple java

regards,
Srirama
logfile.rtf

Alexis Drogoul

May 23, 2015, 7:59:41 AM5/23/15
to gama...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes — definitely, the problem here is due to Kepler. I hadn’t reacted when you mentioned it, but now I understand why you had this strange error. Juno is the only platform on which we can safely run Gama right now. Maybe — and actually I sincerely hope — it will change in a week or so (after the Coding Camp), because it has become a real pain to be stuck with Juno and its unmaintained flaws and errors.

Cheers
Alexis