back in Galway - wine installation problem

Algoldore

Jun 9, 2011, 5:09:09 PM6/9/11
to Galway Linux Users' Group
Wine install problem

>>Hi to all,
>>I'm back in Galway from my journey around Central and Northern America. I wonder when and where is the next meeting?

>> Now I've also a question. I'm trying to install wine to be able to install google sketch up on my Ubuntu 11.04 machine. I've got a bit of help already here is how far I got, still thou not all the way through.

>> Thanks for the tip

sudo chown -hR algoldor /home/algoldor/.cache/winetricks

>> I've tried it with this "error" message as result

algoldor@salixis:~$ sudo chown -hR algoldor /home/algoldor/.cache/
winetricks
[sudo] password for algoldor:
algoldor@salixis:~$ sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6 vcrun2005
Executing w_do_call corefonts
Executing load_corefonts
Executing mkdir -p /home/algoldor/.cache/winetricks/corefonts
Downloading http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/project/corefonts/the%20fonts/final/arial32.exe
to /home/algoldor/.cache/winetricks/corefonts
--2011-06-05 05:56:40--
http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/project/corefonts/the%20fonts/final/arial32.exe
Resolving easynews.dl.sourceforge.net... 69.16.168.245
Connecting to easynews.dl.sourceforge.net|69.16.168.245|:80... failed:
Connection timed out.
Giving up.

Downloading http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/project/corefonts/the%20fonts/final/arial32.exe
failed