Next GLUG meeting - March 7th at 8pm

Padraic Harley

Feb 13, 2012, 6:15:20 PM2/13/12
to Galway Linux Users' Group
Howdy folks,

The meeting the other week went well with a few people popping in and
then O'Connells for pints!

A few people mentioned that they'd like to hear some stuff about GUIs
for the next session so if anyone is willing to give a talk on it, let
us know!

Same kind of idea for next time - meet up in 091 Labs for 8pm, have a
listen if someone has a talk or presentation, chat for a while and
then head to O'Connells after 9/9.30pm until late.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Padraic

Gerard Ryan

Feb 13, 2012, 7:52:41 PM2/13/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, I'll hope to be there! Unfortunately I had to leave a
little early last time.

Whe you say GUIs, are we talking about GUIs of specific applications,
or desktop interfaces, or something else?

--
Gerard Ryan :: ger...@ryan.lt :: http://gerard.ryan.lt/blog
PGP/GPG: AA11 A666 C98E B6D8 231C 11ED 6EDC 7E4A 62BC 4A15

Padraic Harley

Mar 4, 2012, 6:52:37 AM3/4/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Somehow I missed this response, sorry!

Mainly Unity, Gnome and KDE and how best to implement them and which is
better to do so. Though I would love to hear how to make applications
prettier as the state of many of them is still dire =(

I just wrote up a blog post for this month's meeting anyway -
http://091labs.com/2012/03/march-meeting-of-the-galway-linux-user-group-glug/

On 14/02/12 00:52, Gerard Ryan wrote:
> Sounds good, I'll hope to be there! Unfortunately I had to leave a
> little early last time.
>
> Whe you say GUIs, are we talking about GUIs of specific applications,
> or desktop interfaces, or something else?

--
Padraic Harley

Phone: +353 (0)85 213 8803
Email: paurict...@gmail.com
Tweet: @pauricthelodger

Carles Sentis

Mar 4, 2012, 9:02:25 AM3/4/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Did you post this to the GLUG mailing list?

Carles Sentis

Mar 4, 2012, 9:02:53 AM3/4/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Oh, this is the GLUG mailing list... lol

Padraic Harley

Mar 6, 2012, 10:28:16 AM3/6/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Yup =)

You coming along, Carles?

Carles Sentis

Mar 6, 2012, 10:32:10 AM3/6/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
Probably... I'll know later, I may have something else on the same time

Gerard Ryan

Mar 7, 2012, 2:21:50 PM3/7/12
to galwa...@googlegroups.com
I won't make it tonight unfortunately. I've got far too much to do at
the moment! :{

Hope it goes well!