Do we have a wood planer?

Philip Chase

Feb 1, 2017, 11:28:12 PM2/1/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Does the hacker space have a wood planer? I want to make some custom window screens in something nicer than extruded aluminum.

Regards,
Philip
--
Philip Chase * 352-575-0705 * Gainesville, FL

Frank

Feb 2, 2017, 9:07:30 AM2/2/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Yes we have a 6" jointer/planer at the industrial park location. Let me know when you'd like to check it out.

Frank 352-256-6645

Sent from my iPad

Randy Fischer

Feb 2, 2017, 10:01:04 AM2/2/17

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Frank <lowry...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes we have a 6" jointer/planer at the industrial park location. Let me know when you'd like to check it out.

Hey all, can you Cc me when you plan to be there?   I'd like to check it out (and I have to gain access to the park space, the key I had for it doesn't work).

Don't block on me though,  I'll make a best-effort to get there,  but if I have a conflict I don't want to hold anybody up.

-Randy Fischer

cell/text: 352.678.8518

Allen Rout

Feb 2, 2017, 1:33:20 PM2/2/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
And I have a 12 inch planer at my shop at home, if you need greater width.

I'll be helping someone build a bookshelf this Saturday, using the planer in addition to other bits.  If  anyone is interested in looking on, let me know.

-Allen S. Rout

Brian Bartholomew

Feb 4, 2017, 1:12:18 AM2/4/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
> we have a 6" jointer/planer at the industrial park location.
> Let [Frank] know when you'd like to check it out.

Machine is 6" wide and 3.5' long.

Aside from other tuneups it might need, the blades
are not sharp enough to cut my fingernail.

Maybe they'd fit into Rout's Shopsmith planer blade
sharpening setup?

Brian

matteroflight

Feb 4, 2017, 1:14:33 AM2/4/17