Does anybody have any thoughts on this 3D printer?

Bill Merriam

May 14, 2015, 1:27:55 PM5/14/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

David Brightbill

May 14, 2015, 1:51:28 PM5/14/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
At first glance, it seems like a great deal, especially if you get the dual extruder model.  However I have some questions about how the designer keeps the X and Y tight and aligned with only a single beam.

Bill

GRB352

May 14, 2015, 2:30:31 PM5/14/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Most of the Kickstarter 3d printers priced that low were kind of junky, too small, or they just never followed through. That project doesn't look too small, and it is a "staff pick" and one would hope that would mean they think it likely to come through and deliver at the end. As for the printer design, I'm not sure. I have always disliked printer designs that used wheeled carriages, and designs that use moving build platforms. But many use those designs and are perfectly happy. It does look pretty tough in the video where he picks it up, and that is a good sign.

That said I naturally think you should by a 3d printer locally, from me ;-)