I made a VIDEO! :P

Allen Rout

Sep 21, 2015, 7:22:39 PM9/21/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com, florida...@windstream.net, t...@ufl.edu
Chris said I should just start doing it. So I did.

https://youtu.be/S0HaiixsQwE

I can't get the audio to speed up with the sped up video; I'll see if
a newer version of blender will let me render the audio separately, as
is described in the tutorials I've seen. Evidently that's a feature
of .7 and later.

And then I somehow got the audio and video a little out of sync in the
bits after the fast-forward section. Bleah.

But, it's a video, and it shows the use of two tools our member Brian
Bartholomew made for use on and about a Shopsmith woodworking
tool-center-thingy.

I'm going to take another shot at editing this thing once I've had a
chance to ask for some advice, and then add it to a conversation on
reddit in which someone was asking if using a chainsaw on his lathe
was insane. Essential verdict: No, the process is very under
control.

If anyone wants demos Tuesday night after the action dies down at the
space, I'd be delighted to show it off. It's a neat gizmo.

- Allen S. Rout

GRB352

Sep 21, 2015, 7:40:08 PM9/21/15
to Gainesville Hackerspace, florida...@windstream.net, t...@ufl.edu
I too am ready for that open source video editing workshop.

That's a great start man. The only thing missing is a close up of the custom tools.

Allen Rout

Sep 21, 2015, 9:16:41 PM9/21/15
On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 7:40 PM, GRB352 <gregoryro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I too am ready for that open source video editing workshop.
>
> That's a great start man. The only thing missing is a close up of the custom
> tools.

D'oh! You're right. OK, I'll splice that in. With my leet editing knowlege.

- Allen S. Rout

Brian Bartholomew

Sep 22, 2015, 3:22:03 PM9/22/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com, florida...@windstream.net, t...@ufl.edu
Wow, the chainsaw carving gadget works!

I wouldn't have thought the handwheel was balanced enough to go that speed,
maybe this second one is more centered than the first.

Frank's father's Shopsmith in the N/D shop is in alpha test. I will
drop the bottom again for lubrication and wire routing changes, but it
sounds good.

Wide angle lens gives your shop 3X the apparent depth (width).

Those shorts look like pajamas to me :-)

Brian