Hackerspace and Hurricane Matthew

Christian von Kleist

Oct 7, 2016, 7:50:45 AM10/7/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hey, hackers. As everyone knows, Gainesville is about to get a TON of rain. Unfortunately, Hackerspace has a history of flooding when the power goes out during rainstorms.

There is just one sump pump that protects the space, and it is located in the stairwell just outside the front door, beneath the metal grate. This pump is plugged in to the 110V outlet just above the grate. If the power goes out, Hackerspace might flood.

I know everyone will be crazy busy with their own hurricane efforts, but if anyone can drop by Hackerspace safely during or after the storm to check on it, that would be very awesome.

Liza told me she already prepped the space by unplugging equipment, getting stuff off the floor, and putting plastic bags over things that could get dripped on.

Hope everyone stays safe during the hurricane! Sorry for the late notice.

-cvk

Daniel Smith

Oct 7, 2016, 11:37:39 AM10/7/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
I will be there today around noon to 3 (if there is power). I will keep an eye out and alert the group of any issues during that time.