Fundraiser for the Toolbox

Daniel Smith

Feb 16, 2017, 1:54:43 PM2/16/17
to Gainesville Hackerspace

Hackers,

A recent initiative was established to create a system for members to donate money to Hackerspace for specific projects or equipment. The first item to go up for donations on this new system was to be a much needed Tool box for the Downtown Locations. The kind of tool box we needed often run in the $400-$500 range. However, while continuing the research, Mr. Frank Lowery discovered a toolbox on sale that met his and our requirement. Mr. Frank then took advantage of this sale in order to save our organization a few hundred bucks by purchased the much needed item.

Although we already have the toolbox, we need help reimbursing Mr. Frank for his generous commitment to our mission. Our goal is to raise the $300.00 by the end of February. All donations will go directly to Mr. Frank.

We have set up a donation collection box at Hackerspace Downtown with envelopes that have suggested donations written on the front. However, this is only a suggestion and you may donate as little or as much as you like.

We are eternally grateful for any help our members can provide.

Thank you,

Daniel W. Smith