Eastern U.S. Makerspace Tour - Will be in Gainesville this weekend. Anyone available?

caleb sheehan

Jun 26, 2015, 11:20:43 AM6/26/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gainesville hackers!

I'm a member of LVL1, a makerspace located in Louisville, KY.  This summer, I'm doing research on hacker/makerspaces by traveling to ~30 of them throughout the eastern US and collecting data on how they work, what they provide for their community, and what kind of people frequent them.  The end goal is to provide a better, more accurate portrait of the hacker/maker movement than currently exists.  I am funded through a university scholarship (I go to the University of Louisville), and the only purpose of the project is to collect the data and share it back with the maker community.  This is a continuation of a project I started last summer, visiting 24 makerspaces across the western US.

I will be stopping in Gainesville this Saturday afternoon, and I would love to stop by your space and talk with you all.  I will arrive in town in the afternoon and am planning to leave Sunday morning.  It helps for the survey to be able to talk to someone who can answer questions about membership numbers, financials, etc.  Is there anyone who is knowledgeable about that sort of stuff who would be willing to meet with me at the space for an hour or so this weekend?

Thank you,
-Caleb Sheehan

859-325-0447 (call/text)