Free kilns

damion...@gmail.com

May 22, 2016, 7:44:57 AM5/22/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
There is a possibility that we can get a free high temp kiln. There are ceramic molds too. These kilns could be used for a variety of things not just ceramics. Like melting glass and aluminum for example. Downside is these take 220v 30 amps and spin the meter to get to high temperatures . It also takes up room and heats up the area when firing. Interested? Good for the dirty space?
Damion

I used to have one. Are we interested?

Liza Kholodkova

May 22, 2016, 8:35:18 AM5/22/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I think it would be an awesome addition. We can mostly likely find space in the Waldo warehouse HackerSpace. What's the dimensions?

Liza

Sincerely,

Liza Kholodkova
Founder of Botsy BeDrawn
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineer

damion...@gmail.com

May 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM5/22/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I don't know right now but I assume it's the full size one so that is a 3 foot square footprint about 3.5 foot high (roughly.) It needs to be away from the walls or anything else by at least a foot on each side. It will need heavy 30 amp dryer cord to a dryer outlet if it doesn't come with it. Powering it is the biggest challenge since it needs to be right next to the outlet.

Frank

May 22, 2016, 10:24:17 AM5/22/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
We should be able to handle those requirements at the warehouse location.

Frank

Sent from my iPad

Mark Venzke

May 23, 2016, 12:41:59 PM5/23/16
to Hackerspace
It should be great for casting the components for the next, Hackerspace spacecraft.

damion...@gmail.com

May 23, 2016, 12:59:49 PM5/23/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I will now try to coordinate the pickup of this heavy cumbersome fragile object. Stay tuned...

Frank

May 23, 2016, 1:43:46 PM5/23/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I will let you know that my truck is equipped with a lift gate. My schedule is flexible . Net me know if you need help.

Frank

Sent from my iPad