Resonance demo.

Allen Rout

Mar 1, 2016, 6:59:09 PM3/1/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
We need to do something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZlqHVr2Cc

Maybe a little less shrieky.

- Allen S. Rout

Daniel Crews

Mar 10, 2016, 6:29:23 AM3/10/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.... if we (that is to say, Brian, cause he's the only one I know is working on it) ever get that function generator repaired we could try and see if different wave forms have different effects.

As for less shrieky, personally I've always wanted to mess with non-newtonian fluids. The typical demo is on a speaker and has all kinds of weird effects, but here's the macro version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wxnID2q4A

Fin

rfEngineers

Mar 10, 2016, 9:01:37 AM3/10/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

I'd be glad to loan you some audio generators if you'd like to play the
resonance game.
---

Brian Bartholomew

Mar 10, 2016, 9:00:56 PM3/10/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
> ever get that function generator repaired

The schematic with readable component numbers has arrived. That is a big improvement.

Brian

Daniel Crews

Mar 13, 2016, 9:33:28 PM3/13/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the offer.... but, I figure we should get something working with what we've got before we worry you about bringing your equipment in. Which, given my todo list/productivity of late will be a while...

Fin

GRB352

Mar 13, 2016, 10:34:08 PM3/13/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
sounds like fun...maybe a fake fortune teller with a tone generator that tells your fortune with salt shapes