Amp repair

Rick Fabiani

Sep 11, 2016, 12:06:16 PM9/11/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hackers,

I need some help. There seems to be a shortage of music repair Techs in town. It used to be that I could go to Sim's, lipahms, and Tim and Terrie's, but those day are long gone. I need help fixing a late 90's solid state fender twin. It is singing kinda weird, but I think it can be repaired. I need someone to help me diagnose the issue and maybe repair if I think it's above my pay grade. Thanks for any help.

-Rick

20160911_111206.jpg
20160911_112807.jpg

Brian Bartholomew

Sep 11, 2016, 2:08:25 PM9/11/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Capacitors in power supplies tend to degrade with age, dry out, change
to smaller values, and then the equipment doesn't work right.

In one of the clear plastic bins under the shelf riser on the
electronics bench is an *in-circuit* tester for capacitor Equivalent
Series Resistance.

Brian