Turns out my camera can record 400 and 1200 frames per second - Lets record cool things!

Christopher Hoffman

Apr 24, 2015, 10:17:42 AM4/24/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
So i picked up a Nikon J3 to use for youtube video recording. Its a great camera for HD recording, but it also has a slow motion settings, allowing 400 fps and 1200 fps at 620x120 resolution. It can record in 3 second chunks. You can see a sample of recording quality here.

If anyone has a use for some high speed stuff, I'd love to give it a test and have some fun with it. The only limitation is that the subject needs to be flooded with about 300 stars worth of light, the more light the better.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Christian von Kleist

Apr 24, 2015, 8:57:13 PM4/24/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Christopher Hoffman
<csh.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me know if you have any ideas!

Nice! I'm down to hack on this with you. Want to move the camera
through space while people jump around or do other fast activities,
Matrix-style?